The Covid-19 outbreak is unprecedented, Mater Christi is committed to providing the safest possible environment for our residents, family members, volunteers and staff. The following precautions have been implemented:
· We have deferred all social outings, shopping trips until further notice, only going out for medical appointments will continue for the next two weeks and will be reviewed after this time
· All visitors to Mater Christi are required to wear a face mask for the whole duration they are in the facility, this include contractors, entertainers, support workers etc
· All visitors attending the cafe and dining are to be screened at either Mater Christi or Marian Grove Reception and to have evidence of flu vaccine certificate.
· All visitors attending the chapel are to be screened and wear a face mask.
· The number of visitors (preferably two or less) and the duration of the visit should however, be kept to a minimum. As always screening is required
· Families/friends who are unable to visit can organise to keep in contact with their loved ones either by phoning/organising skype contact with our lifestyle team
· All staff at reception are recommended to wear a mask during screening
· anyone who has travelled interstate to Melbourne or to any known ‘hotpots’ in Sydney metro or surrounding areas in the past 14 days will not be permitted to enter the facility until further notice; please see following links:
Current COVID-19 hotspots
From 12.00 pm on Friday 3 July 2020 all 79 Local Government Areas (LGAs) within the State of Victoria are considered a COVID-19 hotspots.
New South Wales
From 1.00 am on Saturday 1 August 2020 34 Local Government Areas (LGAs) within the State of New South Wales are considered COVID-19 hotspots.
If you have any questions regarding our current restrictions please call (02) 66581633